Section 179 Tax Deduction: Used Air Seeders
Section 179 allows businesses to purchase equipment, such as air seeders, and use it as a tax deduction. As the year comes to an end, be sure to keep your taxes in mind. Take full advantage of the Section 179 tax deduction when you purchase equipment for your business. Read our blog to see if Section 179 is the right fit for you!
Fast Facts about Section 179 Tax Deduction
- Air Carts, Air Drills, Planters, Air Seeders, etc. are eligible for Section 179
- You can use accelerated depreciation (Section 179 or bonus depreciation) to fully deduct new or used equipment in the year of purchase
- You can deduct the full amount of your equipment purchase from your taxes (National Funding)
- You can elect to accelerate depreciation on purchased equipment, but not on equipment acquired through an operating lease
- For 2021, the total deduction can be up to $1,050,000. Total equipment purchase limit of $2.62 million (National Funding)
- Although there is a total deduction limit for Section 179, there are no limits on bonus depreciation
Types of Purchases That Qualify for Section 179 Tax Deduction
At Red E, we sell used air seeders. Buying a used air cart or drill from Red E qualifies you for Section 179 allowing you to use the purchase for bonus depreciation and a tax deduction. Not only do we sell used air seeders, but we also sell stainless meter housings, tubes, upper and lower kits, hydraulic drive conversion kits, conveyors, air seeder hoses, and more to help you upgrade the air cart or drill to its full potential.
Don’t want to do the upgrade yourself? We have a full-service crew that specializes in rebuilding air seeders. In 2021 alone, the Red E Service Crew has rebuilt over 90 air seeders.
Check out our current inventory below:
Interested in the used equipment we offer? Fill out a contact form or call us at 701-205-1485.
New inventory is constantly being added to our used equipment page, find the latest addition to your farm operation here: https://rede-ag.com/used-equipment/
Disclaimer: Red E and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.
Jesse is the Vice President and Managing Partner of Red E. He is directly responsible for new product development for aftermarket ag parts. Jesse is a Certified SolidWorks Professional and a Registered Professional Engineer (PE).